Population and Markets
- South Central Ontario Region is comprised of five counties and 28 local municipalities
- Brant, Bayham, Middlesex, Norfolk and Oxford Counties
- Is home to 490,000+ residents
- 30% lower corporate tax rate than U.S. average
- 50% lower employer health care costs
- Exchange on Canadian dollar contributes up to 25% added cost advantage
- 234 km of Lake Erie Shoreline
- Among the mildest climates in Canada
Resources and Education
- The region is home to diverse primary crop production. The area has grown strong
agriculture and food opportunities.
- The area is also home to many types of advanced manufacturing.
- We have a strong network of post-secondary institutions in our borders and nearby
Communities and Living
- About 80% of the population lives in urban centres with populations between 30,000
and 300,000. The remaining 20% live in beautiful historic rural towns and villages.
- About 65% of the adult population has some college or university education.
- Transportation is well served by road networks with 3 major highways that move
people and freight across the Province as well as into the US markets
- The region is served by two trans-continental railway systems serving Canada with
inter-connections to the US market
Want to learn more? Head over to our other website for business and investment information http://scorbusinessportal.com/
Contact email@example.com for any questions or to be featured on the SCOR EDC or SCOR Business Portal Blog!
Posted on Monday, September 17th, 2018 and is filed under General SCOR Representing the Region.